Are you part of our Community?
Register today and receive the
• Free monthly newsletters featuring
recipes, tips, reviews, and more!
• Interact with our online community
and resident juicing expert.
• Participate in members-only contests,
sweepstakes, and give-a-ways!
• It's absolutely FREE!
Ask the Raw Juice Expert
Our resident raw juice experts are standing
by to answer any of your questions! If you
have something you want to ask, simply write your question in the box below.
Juice of the Month
This juice tonic can be enjoyed as a breakfast juice or at any time of the day or night. It is loaded with antioxidants...
Choosing the Best Juicer - Page 2
• Lafy greens and citrus fruit have totally different consistencies; thus certain juicers are better for one or the other. In addition, leafy greens tend to be harder to clean out of the filter, and thus more time consuming. So if you have a specific purpose for juicing (i.e. a certain ailment addressed by a specific class of fruits/vegetables), keep it in mind when selecting a machine.
• Look for a juicer that extracts the pulp as you continue to juice without stopping to clean it. This is especially important if you will juice a lot of “greens,” as Juicers that hold the pulp in don't handle greens as well. Sidenote: Green vegetables have been dubbed as “body restorers” because of their bone and blood reconstructing minerals. Greens should be the primary focus of your juicing regime, without of course downplaying the “body cleansing” reputation of fruits.
• How loud is the machine? For many, noise may not be a determining factor but keep in mind some machines tend to be extremely loud. You want the juicer to easily fit into your lifestyle so if you have small children or a room-mate, noise may be more of a factor than anticipated.
• Is the most expensive juicer worth the price? Buying the most expensive model doesn't necessarily mean you're buying the best.
That being said, we have selected 4 popular juicers currently available on the market to feature here:
Hurom Slow Juicer - Hurom is the first patented juicer utilizing the Low Speed Technology System method which is a complete departure from the standard masticating method. The LSTS method allows the Slow Juicer to extract the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from a minimum amount of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, even soybeans! The machine produces juice FASTER than a centrifugal juicer, yet it doesn't have any importance to replenish the body with live enzymes and vitamins. …And once you have realized the importance of juicing, the next step becomes choosing the right machine. The market is flooded with a multitude of juicers, picking the right equipment will be important in making juicing a routine part of your daily ritual. But most importantly, by having the right juicer you can ensure that you are getting the right amounts of the quintessentially important and readily absorbed nutrients, in their optimal state.